Silver Star FireSmart Community Meeting
Saturday January 13th, at 4:00 pm in the NATC
This will be an informative session that you should not miss. Wildfire Mitigation and Preparedness is critical at Silver Star because of where our community is located. Become informed of the various methods of protecting your home and property from a wildfire through FireSmart practices. EVERYONE MUST DO THEIR PART!
Hear from the experts:
- Fire Chief Bill Wacey, BX-Swan Lake Fire Department and BC Wildfire Structure Protection Coordinator for the Province of BC
- Chief Russ Mills, Silver Star Fire Department
- Brad Baker, Operations Director SilverStar Mountain Resort
- Alistair Crick, Manager of Protective Services for the Regional District of North Okanagan (RDNO)
Information provided by these experts will cover:
- RDNO Support plans for FireSmart
- Property Assesment Update/Results
- Wildfire Risk Mitigation efforts by Silver Star Mountain Resort for 2023/2024
- Silver Star Community Wildfire Structure Protection Plan Review
- Silver Star Fire Department Wildfire Structure Protection Plans
- Silver Star Road and Evacuation Rediness Update
- FireSmart clearing/chipping/fundraising 2024
Plan to attend! The safety of our community is the responsibility of all of us.
Silver Star Property Owners Association.